Mitsubishi to make Thailand production hub for eco-cars.
The Thai government predicts annual eco-car production will soar almost 60% to 935,000 units within five years as next year’s second phase of its promotion of high-fuel-efficiency, low-emissions cars attracts new investment in small vehicles. The program launched in 2007 attracted investment of TB28.8 billion ($921.6 million) from Mitsubishi, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Suzuki, producing a combined annual capacity of 585,000 units. Board of Investment Secretary-General Udom ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Government Growing Green-Car Incentive Program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.