General Motors reopens Indonesia plant to build Spin MPV.
The agreement by the World Trade Organization to reduce import-export red tape may lead to a seismic shift in the global automotive sector, an industry expert says. Peter Cooke, professor emeritus of automotive management at Britain’s University of Buckingham, tells WardsAuto that major emerging markets without a substantial auto sector may create capacity because of the deal. Highlighting Pakistan and Indonesia as examples, Cooke says the removal of complex import rules that impede ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WTO Trade Deal Could Spur Globalization, Expert Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.