STUTTGART, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Germany's Porsche aims to cancel a deal that would have Canada's Magna build the Porsche Boxster model series under contract, a source familiar with the situation told Reuters. The move follows Volkswagen's planned takeover of parts of insolvent contract carmaker Karmann. Volkswagen and Porsche are in the process of merging by 2011. Porsche last year awarded Magna an eight-year contract to build Cayman and Boxster models from 2012. (Reporting by Hendrik ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche aims to end Magna's Boxster contract-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.