HAMBURG, Germany, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Porsche has enough funds it can dip into to raise its stake in Volkswagen to up to 30 percent from its current 18.5 percent, the company said on Monday, citing recently issued new debt. A spokesman was reacting to a magazine report that Porsche had the added financial muscle to increase its VW stake if it so wished. A source at Porsche familiar with the situation said, however, there were no plans to do so at present.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche funds suffice to raise VW stake to 30 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642