FRANKFURT, July 28 (Reuters) - German sports car maker Porsche AG will build a limited series of exclusive super-sports cars powered by both a petrol engine and an electric motor, the company said on Wednesday. The 918 Spyder plug-in hybrid will be developed in Weissach, and based on a prototype unveiled at this year's Geneva auto show in early March. The car will effectively replace the Carrera GT that had total unit sales of about 1,280 over four years and retailed at prices north of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche to make 918 Spyder plug-in hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.