By Nick Tattersall FRANKFURT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Germany's Porsche , famed for its growling sports cars, said on Wednesday it was set to launch a low-powered version of its Cayenne sports utility vehicle -- one of the slowest models it has produced in decades. The world's most profitable car maker said the new model, equipped with a V6 engine from Volkswagen , would take 9.1 seconds to hit 100 kilometres an hour, almost as long as it takes its fastest sportscar to reach double that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche moves out of fast lane with Cayenne V6" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.