FRANKFURT, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Germany's Porsche has several options to increase its stake in carmaker Volkswagen (VW) , including buying stock directly from VW, a Porsche spokesman said on Thursday. Porsche said on Wednesday it bought a 10.26-percent voting stake in VW as it aims to become VW's largest shareholder by expanding its holding to about 20 percent. Volkswagen holds 13 percent of its own stock.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche says options include buying VW's own stock" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.