STUTTGART, Germany, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Porsche , the largest shareholder in Volkswagen , will soon exercise a call option to raise its voting stake in Europe's largest carmaker to just over 25 percent, Porsche said on Monday. The holding in VW would then hand the sports car maker a blocking minority and likely prevent any hostile takeover bid should Germany's Volkswagen Law -- which limits any shareholder to exercising 20 percent of the voting rights -- be repealed as expected. "We want ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche says to up Volkswagen stake soon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642