FRANKFURT, June 26 (Reuters) - German sports car maker Porsche has picked Austrian contract carmaker Magna Steyr to build Boxster-series cars from 2012, Porsche said on Thursday. Magna Steyr thus will replace current partner Valmet Automotive, whose contract to build Porsche Boxster and Cayman models was extended last year until 2011. Valmet, a unit of Metso , has made more than 200,000 units of the Boxster series since 1997. "Our decision not to continue the successful cooperation is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche to switch Boxster assembly to Magna Steyr" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.