* Wants to expand beyond planned seven model lines * Wants to offer model costing 250,000-450,000 euros FRANKFURT, Aug 29 (Reuters) - German group Porsche is planning to develop a sportscar that would compete directly with the more exclusive Ferrari brand, its chief executive said. "It always irritated me that the (most expensive) 911 tops out at 250,000 euros ($360,000) and then the 918 continues starting at 750,000 euros," Matthias Mueller told German ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche to target Ferrari buyers with new model -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.