(Adds market reaction, wholesale data) By Gilbert Le Gras OTTAWA, March 26 (Reuters) - Canadian retail sales rose 1.6 percent in January from December, well above market estimates, on a post-Christmas shopping spree and despite weak auto sales, Statistics Canada said on Friday. "Retail trade also benefited from some department store openings and the increasing popularity of gift cards, which are predominantly redeemed in January according to industry sources," Statscan said. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Post-Christmas spree lifts Canada Jan retail sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642