* Grids see a million plug-in vehicles in a decade * Grids recommend staggered charging times * Most plug-in vehicles on West Coast and Northeast NEW YORK, March 24 (Reuters) - With a million plug-in electric vehicles potentially on the road in 10 years, U.S. and Canadian power grid operators said the adoption of smart grid technologies and staggered charging times would reduce the cars' potential negative impact on electric load. In a report, the ISO/RTO Council said most PEVs would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Power grids urge smart grid for plug-in vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.