NEW YORK, June 24 (Reuters) - COMEX gold fell to its lowest in almost 7 weeks Tuesday as the Federal Reserve opened 2-day interest rate talks and speculators exited stale long positions due to uncertainty over the size of an expected easing. Much of the selling was technical, while upbeat consumer sentiment data and a firm stock market helped erode gold's safe-haven underpinning. The euro was sidelined early on, but declines in gold and the currency later fed off each other. August gold ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pre-Fed liquidation knocks NY gold to 7-week low" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.