* What: August U.S. auto sales results * When: Wednesday, Sept. 1, starting at about 10 a.m. EDT * Consensus 11.6 mln vehicles on an annualized basis * Low consumer confidence, employment a concern By David Bailey DETROIT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. auto industry felt like it dodged a bullet in July when retail sales to consumers held up and confounded forecasts for a drop, but then August came and that sense of relief went out the window. With a still-critical last weekend of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PREVIEW-August US auto sales sluggish; economy a concern" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.