* What: US auto sales for August * When: Tuesday, Sept. 1 starting at noon EST (1600 GMT) * Boost from "clunkers" sales expected, but what's next? By David Bailey DETROIT, Aug 28 (Reuters) - U.S. government incentives likely pushed U.S. auto sales to a 20-month high in August, leaving analysts and the industry guessing how hard a landing to expect with the "Cash for Clunkers" program now exhausted. Automakers could see the U.S. seasonally adjusted rate of sales, a closely watched ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PREVIEW-'Clunkers' boosts US Aug sales; investors look beyond" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642