By William Schomberg BRUSSELS, Sept 22 (Reuters) - European trade chief Peter Mandelson travels to China this week, hoping the turmoil in financial markets around the world will add urgency to his calls on Beijing to open up its economy. Mandelson has long said Beijing must bring down barriers to foreign investment if it wants to avoid a protectionist backlash in Europe and other key markets. The meltdown of big financial institutions has heightened recession fears that could fuel calls ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PREVIEW-EU's Mandelson hopes credit crisis will open China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.