By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp is set to trim its goal of selling more than 10 million vehicles in 2009 by at least 5 percent, and with no sign of the U.S. economy turning a corner, its shares are likely to languish near three-year lows. Hit by a meltdown in demand for gas-guzzling vehicles in North America, Toyota last month cut its 2008 global sales forecast by 3.7 percent to 9.5 million vehicles, inevitably delaying a plan to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PREVIEW-Toyota to cut 2009 sales target, shares to struggle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.