By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, July 26 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler is expected to nearly triple operating profit in the second quarter thanks to a turnaround at Chrysler, but analysts fear high car inventories in the U.S. signal a weak six months ahead. The 22 analysts polled by Reuters forecast operating profit jumping to 1.87 billion euros ($2.27 billion) on average from 641 million the previous year. The company will report on Thursday. To read the poll double click on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Price war prompts worries over Daimler's outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.