By Eric Burroughs NEW YORK, Aug 29 (Reuters) - After two rough years, business is finally turning around at Yellow Corp. But like many U.S. companies struggling to boost profits in a halting U.S. economic recovery, the trucking carrier is still finding it all but impossible to push up prices. For vast swaths of U.S. business -- retailers, airlines, auto makers, software firms and telecommunications companies -- prices have been on a relentless slide due to a hangover of capacity from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pricing power eludes U.S. firms, weighs on profits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.