MUMBAI – Honda is a latecomer to the diesel market in India, but the auto maker hopes to catch up quickly with its Amaze compact sedan. Sales of the Amaze, based on the Brio hatchback, launch in April. The car will compete in price and performance against Maruti Suzuki’s Swift Dzire, Tata’s Indigo CS, General Motors India’s Chevrolet Sail CS and Mahindra & Mahindra’s Verito CS. The diesel employs the high-efficiency Earth Dreams technology featured in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.