BANGKOK – With the B-segment Sonic already proving a success in Thailand, now the fifth-largest global car market, Chevrolet Thailand is adding a 1.6L engine to the existing 1.4L version. The Sonic was launched with a 1.4L mill to cash in on the government’s first-time-buyer incentive scheme, which provided rebates of up to nearly $3,400 for purchases of cars with engines no larger than 1.5L. The car is popular both within and outside of the scheme, with 14,858 units sold ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.