DETROIT – Robert Purcell, former leader of General Motors Co.’s EV-1 project, believes that China may lead in the fourth era of the automobile. “The history of the automobile can be divided into four eras,” Purcell told CBU/CAR at the 2nd Business of Plugging-In conference held at the Renaissance Center in Detroit recently.. The former GM executive, who is now chairman and CEO of Protean Electric, a company that develops in-wheel electric drive systems, said that “the first era was in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.