Ford Australia lays off 212 workers after only 118 take voluntary leave as the car company downsizes in the face of shrinking sales of locally built vehicles. The auto maker announced in July plans to make 440 workers redundant, but it found jobs within the company for the other 110. Ford Australia President and CEO Bob Graziano continues to deny the U.S. parent intends to end Australian production after The Age newspaper reports workers at the auto maker’s Broadmeadows plant say ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.