MUMBAI – Ford has lost money in all but one of the 18 years it has operated in India, but the auto maker could see a quick reversal of fortune with the EcoSport’s arrival. Sales of the highly anticipated compact cross/utility vehicle launched June 26, and Ford India says it received 30,000 bookings in the first three weeks. The base EcoSport is competitively priced at Rs559,000 ($9,200) for a gasoline engine and Rs669,000 ($11,000) for a diesel model. Those prices establish ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.