MUMBAI – Ford is aggressively building its global compact-car base in India, matching new models to its understanding of the dynamics of the local market and awareness of changing consumer preferences. After observing 3½ years of the Figo compact car’s success in both domestic and export markets and three months of positive response to the EcoSport compact cross/utility vehicle, the auto maker is growing India as a competitive production base. Ford’s new plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.