MUMBAI – In an otherwise moribund market, sales of premium luxury vehicles in India are growing and diversifying. Deliveries of high-end brands – Volkswagen Group affiliates Audi and Porsche, as well as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar Land Rover – reached 25,800 units in 2012, a 65% surge from two years earlier, according to WardsAuto data. Sales through July totaled 14,870, up 16% from year-ago. Totals do not include the more exclusive super-luxury imports such as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.