Toyota will boost its diesel engine output in Thailand by 290,000 units to 610,000 a year at a cost of ¥40 billion ($507.4 million). The expansion at the auto maker’s 25-year-old Thai engine-production subsidiary, Siam Toyota Mfg., will create 450 jobs. Toyota says in a statement the increase of its production capacity of diesel engines used in its Innova MPV will meet growing demand in emerging markets. The latest plant expansion, scheduled for completion by 2015, comes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.