Toyota once again swept first and second place as Australia’s new-vehicle market paused in May, inching up a mere 0.7% compared with year-ago to 96,788 units. The result, released by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, left year-to-date sales up 4.6% to 464,953 units and well on track for another million-plus year. The Toyota Hilux pickup, with 3,665 deliveries and Toyota Corolla small car with 3,640, led the May contest, ahead of the Mazda3 (3,054), Mitsubishi Triton ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.