BMW is upgrading its iDrive system, while adding new voice-activation features, better navigation displays and improved Internet access for its vehicles worldwide. The rollout begins this year with an improved iDrive launching in China, expanding globally in 2013. But exact timing on all the new technology depends on the specific feature and market, officials say, and it is unclear which models will see what systems first. The biggest change to the much-debated iDrive system is a new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.