DETROIT – Besides suffering a disastrous year in 2011 where its global output and sales were hammered by natural catastrophes, Honda is facing criticism that it is falling behind in the introduction of new technologies such as gasoline direct injection and 6-, 7- and 8-speed transmissions. For instance, a direct-injection 4-cyl. engine and 6-speed automatic transmission will be available for the first time on the ’13 Accord while such features already have been available for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.