Honda’s recent expanded recall to fix an airbag inflator on its high-volume vehicles pushes the auto maker past Toyota in calling back the most cars and trucks for repair in the U.S. in 2011. Year-end data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. compiled by WardsAuto reveals Honda issued 17 recalls last year affecting up to 3.9 million vehicles. Preliminary estimates showed Toyota, which has been working for the past two years to fix accelerator-related issues on some its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.