DEARBORN, MI – Ford is well aware of the Toyota Prius’ heavy-hitter status in the hybrid segment, boasting a rabid customer base similar to that of tech giant Apple, a top marketer says. So although the auto maker hopes Prius owners will take a look at its ’13 C-Max hybrid, it believes there are other opportunities for the new model to succeed, says Amy Machesney, C-Max marketing manager. “It doesn’t matter if we conquest Prius,” she tells WardsAuto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.