A growing trend toward black wheels that began with motorsports enthusiasts is turning into a cash cow for Ford. Black wheels are popular among the street-racing crowd not only for their hot looks but also because they hide brake dust well. But what was an aftermarket niche now is becoming a middle-of-the-road trend as black wheels are as likely to be seen on family haulers, such as the Ford Flex cross/utility vehicle, as they are on the Mustang GT muscle car, Ford Marketing Manager ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.