SANTA MONICA, CA – Ford engineers closely studied the stop/start systems offered by BMW and Porsche while developing a version of the technology for the all-new ’13 Ford Fusion. “Given that stop/start has been on manual transmissions in Europe for about five years, we looked to those manufacturers as having some experience under their belt,” Birgit Sorgenfrei, Ford auto stop/startprogram manager, tells WardsAuto during a media event here. BMW offers stop/start ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.