Ford today says it will offer the 3.5L direct-injected turbocharged V-6 EcoBoost engine in the upcoming Transit commercial van, which is scheduled to go on sale in North America next year. The auto maker says the Transit will achieve 25% better fuel economy, compared with similar E-Series vans, due in part to its 300 lbs. (136 kg) lower weight. The Transit is scheduled to replace the E-Series in North America starting next year. The same engine has proven a competent performer in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.