DEARBORN, MI – Ford, which plans to promote its new ’13 Mustang sports car through social-media websites, made an unusual marketing move this week by featuring the pony car in a high-profile television spot during the annual Daytona 500 motor race. The spot, dubbed “Inner Mustang,” touts the auto maker’s online “Mustang Customizer” that helps users build their own virtual car by showing the exterior change colors and trim as the vehicle drives ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.