MADRID – Ford Spain hires 1,340 workers at its Almussafes plant as it adds a third shift of production for the next-generation Transit Connect compact van. The new hires comprise about 650 technicians, 100 engineers and 550 production workers on the third shift, originally scheduled to be added in mid-2014. The plant’s workforce will number 7,200 when the third shift comes on line Sept. 2. Transit Connect sales launch next month, and Ford plans daily production of 1,300 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.