Ford is expanding its European restructuring strategy with the planned closure next year of two U.K. production facilities, its assembly plant in Southampton, which builds the Transit commercial van, and stamping and tooling operations in Dagenham. The news follows Ford’s announcement yesterday that it will shutter its Genk, Belgium, assembly plant by the end of 2014. The closing of the three production operations will affect about 5,700 hourly and salaried employees, or 18% of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.