The final Australian-built VE Commodore, an SS Z Series sedan, rolls off the line at Holden Vehicle Operations in South Australia as GM Holden prepares for the imminent launch of the new VF version. Sold on six continents, with 520,000 units built for both local and global markets during its 8-year lifecycle, the VE Commodore cements a place in the nation’s motoring hall of fame, including being named the best Australian-built car ever. Designed essentially from a blank piece of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.