DEARBORN, MI – The ultimate goal of a partnership formed last year between Ford and Toyota is a hybrid-electric fullsize pickup, says a high-ranking Ford engineer. “The nut we’re trying to crack is how do we do an F-150 hybrid?” Kevin Layden, Ford director-electrification programs and engineering, tells WardsAuto at a media backgrounder here. “We’re working with (Toyota) and developing plans.” The auto makers last year inked an agreement to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.