General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson reiterates the automaker’s desire to sell more vehicles over the Internet, saying the challenge to the industry’s traditional dealer-network system fits with today’s customer and the company’s shift to data-driven marketing. “We want people to start buying cars over the Internet, as a potential half-step away from our traditional channel,” Akerson says Wednesday in a conference call with Wall Street analysts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.