NEW YORK – Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. President Steve Cannon tells the International Motor Press Assn. here his brand outsold BMW last year by at least 5,600 units according to registration data compiled by R.L Polk. “We beat BMW flat out (in 2012),” Canon tells the auto writers. Cannon’s surprising announcement comes a month after 2012 U.S. sales results were released by auto makers in early January. BMW sold 281,460 units compared with Mercedes’ 274,055, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.