VIENNA – Volkswagen Brazil will phase out production of its VW Kombi van before the end of this year as the result of new auto-safety standards requiring front airbags and antilock braking systems on all new cars starting in January. The German auto maker is marking the production phaseout by offering a special model called the Kombi Last Edition. Limited to 600 units, priced at BR86,300 ($36,100) and available only in Brazil, the passenger van features 2-tone exterior paint and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.