Volvo says it plans to utilize a new test facility being built by the Swedish company Active Safety Test Area AB to develop advanced safety technologies. The facility, dubbed AstaZero, will be located next to the auto maker’s existing proving ground in Hallered in western Sweden, with testing scheduled to begin in 2014. Thomas Broberg, Volvo’s senior safety expert, says the car company will lease testing time from ASTA, which is owned by the Technical Research Institute of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.