The U.K.’s £55 billion ($90 billion) automotive sector has had a year it can be proud of, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says. While the national economy experienced an economic double-dip, automotive flew the flag for the U.K., SMMT CEO Paul Everitt says, becoming the European Union’s second-largest new-car market and producing nearly 10% more vehicles than it did in 2011. “The U.K. has outperformed our European partners during 2012, with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.