U.K. car manufacturing climbed 10.4% year-on-year in June to 131,586 units, pushing first-half production up 1.1% to 764,390. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says while four out of five cars built in the region are exported, volumes were boosted by a 24.4% jump in first-half output for the home market to 162,754 units. SMMT interim CEO Mike Baunton says the first-half growth builds on a strong 2012, when manufacturing performed above pre-recession ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.