VIENNA – Production of the previous-generation Fiat Panda, called the Panda Classic, will come to a halt at Fiat’s Tychy, Poland, plant at the end of the year. It is unclear whether the move will have an impact on jobs at the facility, which employs 4,625 people. The decision to phase out the Panda Classic has met with criticism in the Polish media, because there is no new model to replace the car in the plant’s portfolio. Critics contend Fiat is ending output of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.