VIENNA – Volume production of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class small car is under way at contract manufacturer Valmet Automotive in Uusikaupunki, Finland. The two signed their manufacturing agreement some 13 months ago, and plans call for output of more than 100,000 cars between 2013 and 2016. “Valmet Automotive is complementing our flexible production network of the plants in Rastatt (Germany) and Kecskemet (Hungary) in an optimal way,” Andreas Renschler, Daimler management ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.