U.K. new-car sales pass the 2 million-unit mark in 2012 for a 4-year high, up 5.3% to 2,044,609 units, helped by a 3.7% gain in December to 123,557 deliveries. The year-on-year sales growth was the best since 2001 and only the second increase since the 2008 global recession. It also was up 1.6% from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders’ 2.01 million-unit forecast set in October and 6.5% ahead the forecast made at the start of 2012. The SMMT credits last year’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.