U.K. auto makers plan to produce more than 2 million vehicles annually year by 2015, easily passing the record 1.92 million built in 1972. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the industry’s confidence is fueled by multibillion-British-pound investments resulting in expanded production, more new-model introductions and the creation of thousands of new jobs. More than £5.5 billion ($8.5 billion) has been invested in the U.K. automotive industry in the past 18 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.